Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A*LIGHT LIGHT UP~ Don't Should On Yourself by Alice Fulks

WHAT LIGHTS US UP...
Inspiration.  Imagination.  Illumination.    

This weekly e-zine is our offering to you filled with all things that Light Us Up!
We feature weekly inspiration from artists, visionaries, musicians, 
and other bright lights from all walks of life.   
A*LIGHT is dedicated to creating uplifting media content through the art of  live streaming & video. Our mission is to spread light & love world wide.

~D O N T  S H O U L D  O N  Y O U R S E L F~ 

A friend said to me once, "Don't should on yourself."  

This "not shoulding" on myself has been coming up all week and I strive to write the Weekly Light Up not coming from of place of, "What do I think they want me to say?" but what is the truth, what is resonating, what is happening. And this week, the message seems to be: let go of what things "should" look like.   

It is so easy to get caught up in the "idea" of our life.  I have found this is what I do at times,  but you know what? I'm dropping the "shoulds" and running right into what is.   

I confess I spend a lot of time reading self-help books (there are many half finished ones on my bookshelf). I'm a bit of a self-help junkie and am seeing that I can get caught in the "do's" and "don'ts," the self-imposed ideations of the rules, the way things "should" unfold.  Im letting go of the notion that things need to be a certain way for them to be okay.  Letting go of the story of my life and learning to just simply live it.  

When I am caught up in: It should look this way, This is what's right, what's proper ~ I can miss what is actually in front of me.   

But when the "should" is dropped,  I can relax, take it easy, stop struggling, and just live.  Let go and dive head first into the stream of life and love what is. Because it is the what is that is reality and reality is indeed miraculous.  

I confess I'm a fixer, an if only person, a person who sees  
the potential.  I'm done living like that. It doesn't make anyone happy and I avoid peace right now, happiness right now, because I suspend the right now into a projected fantasy of a future that isn't even happening.    

It is written in a great book that acceptance is the answer to all life's problems.

As Shakespeare says, "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds."  In choosing acceptance, we embody love because we cease fighting, controlling, fixing, and are able with clear eyes, to look into the moment we are in and bear witness to the miracle of now. The miracle of what is.   

Happy Friday friends! 

In love and light,
Alice 
  A*LIGHT 
Would love to hear from you!  
or tweet us @alicealight
 Shine On Friends.  Shine! 
Alice Fulks 
A*LIGHT Creative Director
WHAT LIGHTS US UP...
The Golden Bridge Global Village 
It Takes a Village to Raise a Spirit    
                   
                The Golden Bridge Global Village 
Online Kundalini Yoga & Meditation Coming Soon! 
Just Chill
Click on the Video Above to
Just Chill  
  
www.GBglobalvillage.com


     It Takes a Village to Raise a Spirit 

  Let's Connect 21st Century Style...
   Like us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterFind us on YelpView our profile on LinkedInFind us on Pinterest

       We Would Love to Hear from You.
   Leave Us a Comment on the A*LIGHT Blog:
Save
15%
Savings of 15% on your next video or live stream! 
Have a great idea you want to share? Have an Event or Wedding coming Up?  A*LIGHT will Light Up & Illuminate Your Vision! 
This coupon is transferable and you can share this offer with friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment