Friday, August 1, 2014

A*LIGHT PICTURE~ A Little Dog Named Patience

WHAT LIGHTS US UP...
Inspiration.  Imagination.  Illumination

This weekly e-zine is our offering to you filled with all things that Light Us Up!
We feature weekly inspiration from artists, visionaries, musicians, 
and other bright lights from all walks of life.   
A*LIGHT   
is dedicated to creating uplifting media content through the art of  live streaming & video. Our mission is to spread light & love world wide.


A Little Dog Named Patience

   
Recently, my neighbor asked me to babysit his little dog named Patience.  I agreed, but must admit wasn't too thrilled at first as Patience requires a lot of just that, patience.  When I call her she comes... sometimes.  Other times, she will give me a long, hard look and then turn around and walk in the opposite direction.  
My friend calls her a little goat because she rifles through the trash and munches on paper or chocolate wrappers.  One morning I awoke to find that Patience had peed on my yoga mat.  It's kind of a joke around the house to hear throughout the day: Patience... Patience... PATIENCE!!!

In spite of all of these events, something rather remarkable has happened: I have fallen love with Patience.  Big time.  She's got the keys to my kingdom.  I'm starting to adore her tricks, her ways, and have begun to accept her for the wild sassy part-goat, part-furry dreadlock pony that she is.  

I left the front door to my house open the other day so Patience and my dog Zoey could wander inside while I was outside watering the plants. Instead of going in the house with Zoey, Patience laid down outside while I watered.   When I finished, she looked up at me, and I realized she was waiting for me.  Patiently.  She stood up, wagged her tail, walked right by my side, and together we strolled into the house.    

What I am learning from this little dog is to let go of control.  Patience is teaching me that when I chill out and relax, everything comes around in its own way and time.  There is no need for force.  There is no need to maneuver, push and shove.  I am learning to surrender the outcome to the highest good for all involved. 

There is a poignant quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson that has stayed with me for years: Adopt the pace of nature; her secret is patience.  

What a beautiful and vital principle!  In this world where we want it NOW, at the push of a button, in the texting, mapquesting, "just google it" era, to walk with the principle of patience is nothing short of miraculous.  

A friend interrupted me once when I was going on (and on) about something in my life not happening fast enough.  She said,
"Imagine you are this beautiful rose that hasn't quite bloomed. Now, imagine screaming at that rose, 'Why don't you grow faster?  Why haven't you already bloomed?? What is wrong with you?!'."  

This story makes me smile when I am taking my life really seriously thinking when is IT (oh, the proverbial IT) going to happen??? 
  
More and more I see the Earth as this academy where we all have been given a curriculum (our life) , and in our curriculum each of us has lessons to learn.  One big lesson in my curriculum is patience.  I see this theme emerge over and again in work, in relationships, in the cultivating of a spiritual practice.  I'm learning it is actually okay to stumble, to not do it perfectly, to make mistakes, that this is indeed a part of the process, the maturing, ripening likes grapes on the vine.      

I love my life.  It is full of creativity, magic, and beauty.  
I am single and have not been in a relationship in quite some time and mostly I am grateful for this.  Grateful, because I'm really learning who I am and the kind of woman that I want to continue to become.  But to be honest, every now and again, doubt creeps in and I think, Universe have you forgotten about me?  Will there be love again? 

Recently, in Los Feliz, my quaint funky neighborhood just east of Hollywood, I was out and about running errands.  I spotted a dry cleaners I'd never been to.  There was an open parking spot so I snagged it.  As I was walking in, on the side walk written out in golden sparkly graffiti were the words: You Will Love Again   

This past Sunday I was in the same neighborhood.  I passed by the bookstore, the cozy French cafe, a newstand, and I looked down and there it was again, the same golden graffiti like an older sister reassuring me: You Will Love Again. 

Patience is a principle that teaches us to trust in oursevles and the world in which we live.   It reassures us that all good things happen in time and are indeed worth waiting for.  It reminds us to relax, to be gentle, to smile.  In the words of Frank Sinatra, "The Best is yet to come... 
and babe won't it be fine." 
  A*LIGHT 
Would love to hear from you!  
or tweet us @alicealight
 Shine On Friends.  Shine! 
Alice Fulks 
A*LIGHT Creative Director
alightpicture.com | alightwedding.com
WHAT LIGHTS US UP...
Photography.  Filmmaking.  Poetry.  
 
  

Heather is a photographer who captures people's inner lights.  
As one who has connected with the higher conscious movement, she is dedicated to capturing people paving the way with their beautiful missions.  Her process is her own creation of activating each subject's inner greatness and beauty.  


Ramana's Garden Documentary India is a land of startling contrasts and inequality.  Dr. Prabhavati Dwabha came to India to find herself. Instead, she found people in need and a new purpose in life. At Ramana's Garden, Dr. Dwabha is working to give a future to children who would otherwise be without one. 

Ramana's Garden


YOGI BHAJAN

Patience pays. Wait. 
Let the hand of God work for you. 

The One who has created you, 
let Him create all the environments, 
circumstances, and facilities and faculties. 

 Oh individual, 
why you are in a very doubtful state? 
The One who has made you will take care of you. 

The One who has created this Universe, all the planets, planetary faculties and facilities on Earth, 
He is the One who has created you. 

Wait. Have patience. Lean on him. 
Then all best things will come to you.

Dwell in God. 
Dwell in God. 
Dwell in God. Befriend your soul. 
Dwell in God and befriend your soul. 
Dwell in God and befriend your soul. 
Dwell in God and befriend your soul. 

All the faculties and facilities of the Creation, which are in your best interest shall be at your feet. 

You need million things. Million things will reach you 

If you are stable, established, firm, patient. 
Remember, Creator watches over you and Creation is ready to serve you- if you just be you.

So please take away the ghost of your life and stop chasing around. Consolidate. Concentrate. Be you. And may all the peace and peaceful environments, prosperity approach you forever. 

Sat Nam
~Yogi Bhajan~

   Let's Connect 21st Century Style...
   Like us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterFind us on YelpView our profile on LinkedInFind us on Pinterest

       We Would Love to Hear from You.
   Leave Us a Comment on the A*LIGHT Blog:

Save
15%
Savings of 15% on your next video or live stream! 
Have a great idea you want to share? Have an Event or Wedding coming Up?  A*LIGHT will Light Up & Illuminate Your Vision! 
This coupon is transferable and you can share this offer with friends and family. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment